Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lily Macro - Thank you Brenda!

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Though my lilies are not yet in bloom, I was inspired by Brenda's lily macro www.flickr.com/photos/13715436@N00/6070631574/ and attempted to create a watercolor version. Thank you so much, Bren, for permission to use your stunning capture -- and more for the inspiration!!! Stop by Brenda's incredible flickr stream for some jaw-dropping viewing!!

Friday was spectacularly sunny and warm, and I worked most of the day in the garden - giving our fruit trees a long-past-due pruning and shaping. I was also able to spray a majority of the weeds before the rains set in in earnest. Thunder, lightning, hail in some parts of our area,tornado warnings -- all yesterday and again today. So instead of working outdoors, I began the reorganization of our upstairs closets and rooms - meaning a thorough spring cleaning and divesting! Unwanted art supplies, books, and all those 'not sure what to do with' items - packed up for donation. In 8 hours, I merely made a small dent - but the arduous task has been started and will continue until I can WALK in the walk-in closets!

After two days of physical activity, I am mighty sore -- a good kind of muscle ache that says I'm finally moving muscles that haven't been used in a while - another good thing. So here's hoping for a couple of days of rain each week for the indoor clean-up and some sunshiney days for the outdoor clean-up ... and who knows, by the time I'm finished, I may be able to see my own lilies blooming!

Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Aquarell said...

Wow, was für eine Kraft hat die Wirkung der Blüte. Absolut genial.
Lin Du bist ein Genie!!!!!!

Lynn Cohen said...

Stunning!

Lise Steenerson said...

Very vivid!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the rich color!!! This is gorgeous!

Have a great day!!!

Lorraine said...

I wish a little of that energy would rub off on me!!

WOW the lily is marvelous -- I had no idea they could be so colorful -- and deeply colorful -- just magnificent. It shouts spring while your delicate blossoms whisper spring! Both gorgeous in their own way. You are so versatile.

Big hugs,
Lorraine