Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bee Balm


It's been raining all weekend -- a good thing actually since we've been in a drought for the last few years.

I spent the day working on the grandchildren's journals -- 13 pages in Taylors, three in Nick's, four in Emily's!! WHEW! I also cleaned out files on my comptuer, duplicated CDs filled with grandchildren's photographs, and other rainy day occupations.

C cooked lemon caper pork chops last night and served this over tortellini ... YUM!!! Today, he cooked steak -- hearty fare for my tired body and weary heart.

From the covered porch I noticed that the bee balm has just begun to bloom in the front beds. In between rain showers, I picked several stalks to sketch. My rudbeckias are also beginning to bloom ... SUMMERTIME!

12 comments:

Tami said...

This is lovely, Lin! The softness of the background sets it off very nicely. I hope some of your busy work helped to ease your heavy heart. VERY LARGEST OF HUGS TO YOU!!!!

Linda T said...

What a cool flower! I like how you captured it.

Anastasia said...

pretty illo! wow, you sure do sound busy... those pork chops sound yummy though

Terri said...

I so envy you and Laura growing such lovely things like this. You can send the rain my way when you get sick of it. I think it's forgotten how to rain in this part of the world. :o(

starrgirl's world said...

what a nice sketch, Lin! Your drawing is developing so nicely. And how productive you've been - the grand's journals sound like a great project.

Donn said...

Another great one, Lin. Like the background here too. Being so busy and still having time to sketch is really great. Wish I had the discipline to do the same.

Sue Seibert said...

We have bee balm here in Texas, as well, but it's not near so colorful..very muted lavender. I love you sketch...oh, ours is called lemon bee balm, and when you mentioned using lemon in your blog, thought that appropriate!!

Clare said...

Have enjoyed visiting, but So sorry to hear you have lost Sunshine. I hope he returns to you safe and sound. How exciting to learn the history of your family, gives you a real sense of belonging. Love your drawings as always.

Teri said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Gosh you are getting good!

I envy you these bee balm because my DDDDH pulled all mine out...he thought they were weeds :(

Anonymous said...

A lovely bee balm!

Linda said...

I love your bee balm -- beautiful drawing!

Anonymous said...

Yes, what a wonderful bee balm sketch! Fun to see the red variety. And wasn't it glorious having all that rain??