Friday, January 08, 2021

Journal - Word - Orange


Journal - I'm using a 70# 7" x 10" Reflexions journal for my morning pages -- I've decided to try to watercolor (as best I can with quick sketches on this thin paper) - to add to my writing. My word this morning was "Orange" ... and so I wrote about that and decided to add some sketches to these pages ... I may use that word in my watercolor journal - but for now, these non-precious pages, filled with thoughts, ephemera, ink stains and corrections, feels so much more relaxed and playful ... Here's the page -- boo-boos and all ...

 

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Booboos are what make sketches so personal and perfect.
Orange is such a vibrant color to me. I really like this page.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Juicy, great page!! I like watercoloring on thin paper. It doesn't let me overwork. Exactly what you said! I have been sort of in love with orange lately. Quite a contrast to January's dulled colors outdoors...and the complement to my beloved blue!