Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Woodlands




Though it's still cool outside, the trees have begun blooming in earnest in a glorious display of color -- from pinks to ochre to orange, their minute flowers offering an awesome array of varying hues after the somber grays of winter.

I have in my mind's eye this image of gray tree trunks, branches, and twigs, all in a haziness that is dolloped with splashes of magenta, orange, red, emerald -- not in the panorama of fall, but rather in the delicate emergent quiet that is spring.

I've made three attempts to take what's in my eye and put it on the page ... none of them EXACTLY what I SEE or FEEL ... DRATS!

4 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Love...love...love your trees!!

Terri said...

But gorgeous just the same!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, about the shimmers of color, like auras around trees right now. I'm too chicken to attempt drawing it, but you've really got the effect, Lin. Well done!

Clare said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!