Sunday, March 05, 2006

Strawberry Festival - 2



What a wonderful day! We weren't quite sure what to expect from the festival since no one had ever been before. It reminded me of a small state fair -- only with an emphasis on strawberries! Holy FRUIT! There were strawberries everywhere - and made into ever concoction one could imagine! Ice cream, cakes, pies, fresh, with cream, plain, with sugar, on waffles, sodas and floats - my oh my!

We walked through the midway without stopping. I've decided I get dizzy enough just standing quickly, and so viewed the crafts, the folks playing pan pipes and flutes, saw some great artwork, and exhibit aftaer exhibit.

We rested in the one of the exhibit halls and treated ourselves to bowls of strawberries and whipped cream. (Is fruit considered a sweet during Lent?)

1 comment:

Terri said...

One word sums this up: "yum". :o)