Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Monarch


monarch
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
While my husband was having surgery this morning (he's fine!!), I sketched this monarch from a photo I took at the NY Botanical Garden Children's area. I loved how all the plants in this particular display attracted butterflies in all their varying stages. The model was made of metal and glass and was truly a work of art (though not done by Chihuly!) ... and the plants were so large they almost covered the butterfly!

3 comments:

Teri said...

WOWEE Lin, gorgeous!! You really showed the butterfly in such an interesting position.

Tami said...

WOO HOO!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perspective!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the effect of seeing the butterfly from below while it takes flight; what an
interesting way to paint it. And the way
it is interposed with the greenery -- super!
Hugs,
Lorraine