Sunday, August 27, 2006

Oleander

oleander 3T

oleander

This morning was one of those 'good' sketching days ... images seem to float FROM my pen to paper without my constant correcting. I composed and sketched this oleander from a photo reference. I too have trouble getting shadowless scans, so I'm sorry the pencil image isn't better. I used a light touch with watercolors to give it a bit of pink!

BTW, as I reviewed my sketchbooks from spring through summer, I am amazed by how much PINK I seem to be sketching!

9 comments:

Pat said...

Hello, how are you? Nice blog you have! Keep it up!

Take a look at my site:

Africa Photos

If you like the site you can link to it by clicking “Blog this”

Enjoy!

Laura said...

Lovely shapes and lines here, Lin. And I'm glad you're doing lots of pink!

Teri C said...

It's so lovely Lin! And isn't it such a good feeling when the picture paints itself! I can almost smell these, they look so good.

Tami said...

You are using a lot of pink but the subjects you are choosing ask for it. I have noticed that you have gone from a heavy form to this very light and airy touch that almost give a weightlessness to the paintings. they look like they could dance in the wind at any moment!

I love the days when the image just pours out of the pen!

Terri said...

Lovely oleanders. :o) You do flowers so well! We had lots of oleanders in the yard when I was growing up, but they went out of fashion after it became known the sap was poisonous. Such a shame, because lots of plants are poisonous and are still used frequently in gardens. Oleanders got a bad rap I think. They are great in our drought prone climate too, so I think they should be used more often.

AnastasiaC said...

Pink is good!!
I love this - the light background makes the flower come alive!

Karen said...

We have a whole side of our yard planted in oleander and my, are they colorful. You did a good job of rendering them.

Felicity said...

Love this light and fresh touch you have with paints!

Linda T said...

This is really nice, Lin.