Tuesday, August 01, 2006

water lilies 72


water lilies 72
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
The theme for August for Kate's alumni group is water, so when the temperatures reached over 100F yesterday, I opted to stay indoors and sketch from a photograph with the air conditioning on HIGH!

This sketch gave me a fit; probably because it had been a frustrating day at work and that lack of ease tended to show in my sketching. After my third attempt I was fairly happy with the lily itself and some of the lilypads -- but the shadows -- SIGH!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely, Lin. I hope you're not dissatisfied with it, at ALL. I also hope that we can figure out a skething date. Will email you tomorrow;D.

Terri said...

We all have days like this Lin. I love these waterlilies! The left one is particularly good. You really captured its graceful shape beautifully.

Anastasia said...

Beautiful water lillies Lin!!
Lovely drawing!

Tami said...

I think your water lillie are great, you captured the lily wonderfully. Shadows give me fits too, especially when I am tired!

Tami said...

I think your water lillie are great, you captured the lily wonderfully. Shadows give me fits too, especially when I am tired!

Jana Bouc said...

I love the left lilly. (how's that for aliteration? It's so upright and bright and sprightly.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

LOVE the water lilies ...as usual killer wc of flowers....great job...