Sunday, August 05, 2007

Farmer's Market and Capriflavors


Farmer's Market and Capriflavors
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Another outing for C and me -- Raleigh Farmer's Market for some veggies - eggplant, tomatoes, green beans, butter beans, new sweet corn (Fantasia -- YUM!). Then off to Capriflavors for more Italian goodies: bread, coffee gelato, salame, creamy basalmic (sweet as figs!), cheeses: smoked and plain mozarella, sharp provalone, misto Classico Podda, Pecorino Romano Ambriola, Prosciutto.

The Better Boy (sharp and acidic!) are drying in the dehydrator; we made a dinner of the cheeses, strawberries and cherries, cantaloupe, bruschetta on delicious crispy Italian bread, and saved the eggplant for today's dinner. The Patty Pan squash is from my own garden as was the basil and other fresh herbs.

A delicious dinner and day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum, this looks and sounds so good. I, too, visited farmers' markets both on my vacation and my return. I've eaten grilled veggies for days now. I love your skethes.

Felicity Grace said...

Your colours are so lovely and juicy!