Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Dwelling Place


The Dwelling Place
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Rebecca has been asking me to draw something she can use as cards for her B&B. I had sketched this lamp post months ago, but I didn't like the way it turned out, so I gave it another go.

I really like the way this has turned out, and so does Rebecca. I cut and pasted the name of her B&B in the sign area to insure that her logo is recognized when she uses the cards I'll make her.

I also will use this as my response to EDM 137 'Draw Something that you can Turn On and Off." This lamp post is often turned 'on' anticipating my arrival each evening, and yet gets turned 'off' by my morning's leaving.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh how lovely; terrific job. I just love the foliage twining around the pole and the clouds -- all of it! Rebecca must be very happy to have a professional artist living under her very roof to create this art and these cards for her!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I was reorganizing the links on my blog, which are getting out of control...just stopped by to link to your address and saw this gorgeous art. WOW. Blessings, Karen

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Lovely. This will be wonderful for a b&b card.

Teri said...

Oh Lin, it is perfect! Rebecca must be so thrilled.

Anonymous said...

This looks perfect for a card! What a nice piece of art.
ronell

Desiree's Designs said...

Beautiful job on this!

Laureline said...

That is wonderful, Lin. You both should be ( and apparently are) thrilled!

Jana Bouc said...

What a perfect image for a card for the inn. Beautiful work and I bet it looks even better than the real thing.