Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hillsborough Pot


Hillsborough Pot
Originally uploaded by linfrye


Hillsborough Pot
I truly LOVE pots of flowers!!! Here is a wonderful washtub of flowers that I saw during the Paint Out in HIllsborough, NC. The bit of rust on it just makes the 'pot' a bit more authentic, don't you think?

The Appreciation Tea went so well last night -- and I am ever grateful for all the hands who made it so successful. The college president, my Dean plus guests from three area garden clubs toured the facilities, ate some scrumptious food, enjoyed the music, lights, flowers and moon glow. I am so so thankful!

And another gift -- a bit of rain this morning!!!!

I'll be heading back to Oxford later today with a few days off. I'm pretty darned tired ...! LOL

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh the tea night sounds glorious and scrumptious! The tub of flowers is lovely -- I like the looseness of the flowers contrasting with the details and shadows on the tub. Very nice! Now get some well deserved rest!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Lin this is so beautiful. I love how you painted the tub, it looks so real. Another wonderful watercolor. Karen

Lynn said...

This is exquisite! The colors on the pot are just right. I always enjoy your flower paintings and this one is lovely.

Teri said...

A beautiful painting Lin! The flowers, the bit of rust on the tub-just perfect.

Anonymous said...

The tub and flowers are nicely done. Thanks for sharing!
Susan R.