Thursday, July 31, 2008
They were so pretty and looked so edible -- BUT, I remembered taking a walk with a mycologist years ago. This was a botany professor who really KNEW his mushrooms. During our walk, he pointed out various fungi -- everything from aminita (highly toxic) to puff balls -- but when he said that he, knowing all he did about the wee things -- would never eat any from the wild-- well, I was convinced to leave these pretties in the field and eat only those I purchase from the market! LOL
Still, I brought these pretties home to sketch -- they're a little funky in their placement since I propped them against a wall to get a different view of each of them ... but I still love their velvety feel and rich earthy hues.