Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Candy


Holiday Candy
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
I carried a few photos and some holiday candy with me to sketch as I waiting for my three-month car maintenance yesterday. (These scanned much darker than they really are.)

A good friend of mine gave me a wonderful vase filled with these candies. I was thinking as I sketched these that their flavor -- a bright mint -- is often so nice during dry, cold winter weather. These past weeks have been so unseasonably warm -- yesterday was almost 75F!! -- that the mind was refreshingly cool!

Guess I just like mint! LOL

10 comments:

Patti G. said...

Lin, the candy, roses and cup that Emily and Nick love are super!!!!! Your artwork, sketching, watercoloring, is growing by leaps and I am so proud of you for diligently doing something every day! I wish I could be just like you! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!I feel the depth of the pieces and am sooo impressed!!Hugs,Patti

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Lin. Love your candies!

Anonymous said...

One of the holiday's symbols. Who doesn't love peppermints?

Anonymous said...

Very sweet in all ways. And once again, I admire your industry and conscientiousness, cara. These are lovely little sketches and now you will always have something to remind you of your car's service department ;D.

Teri said...

Such sweet candy and so Christmasy.

Anonymous said...

Well done Lin. I can remeber how that candy tastes but I haven't had any in years.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Lovely work. I really appreciate how you were able to do the plastic wrapping. :) ... while not the sexiest part of the image, surely the most complicated in my mind. Great job! Cheers! Mary Ellen

Lorraine said...

I like mint too -- such detail -- I can almost taste them! And getting the plastic to show -- I just can't do that!!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

A wonderful job showing the transparent quality of the wrappers. Your flowers are making anxious for spring!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Your painting is as good as Susan Branch's! What a talent!