Sunday, December 28, 2008

River II


River II
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

This is another sketch I completed before leaving for SC .. It's from one of the photos I took last year from the Greensboro NC Arboretum riverside trail...

We've had overcast, misty, rainy weather here -- though it's been rather warm -- 60sF -- it's been really too wet to be outdoors. T is riding her tryke around the house, but is anxious to try it with the big kids outside!

We did a bit of shopping and took advantage of the sales, and even got Nick his birthday gifts for next month. T and I have been 'painting' together, so I have a afew sketches to scan once I get home -- I can really tell the difference in my work these days when there are other things competing for my attention!! LOL GOOD attention, though! LOL

We leave for home later this morning. It's always hard to leave those we love to be separated by distance and work obligations ... but I'm imagining I'll be back shortly for a new arrival! Still, after spending so much time with T and my dd, I wish we lived closer ...

5 comments:

squawmama said...

Good morning Lin.... Beautiful painting... Hope your trip home is a safe journey... I know what you mean about spending time with our daughters... I love it too... My one daughter is about 30 miles away but the other lives in Arkansas... I miss her and wished often that they both lived closer together. Playing with the grandkids is wonderful...I love it too... How old is T??? Have a Safe day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Teresa said...

Re: being closer.... have dd to move here... we like having you in the neighborhood and don't want to lose you!

Laura Frankstone said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. I know how much you must miss them when you're back in NC. Happy new year to you, dear Lin---here's to many more great sketches and paintings by you in 2009!

Joan said...

Lin - I love that you've got company to paint with. It could make things interesting. It is hard when family is spread far apart. I have a sister in Maine, one in NJ, a brother in Georgia, and my brother-in-law and his boys are in California (my sister passed away about 5 years ago). It is so hard to get to see everyone. Have a safe trip back.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, snow scenes -- my favorite -- I have a lot of favorites though LOL. It is so cold yet sunny right now I can just see the scene you painted -- so serene and pristine! I love how you make the snow look so soft and real.
Hugs,
Lorraine