Monday, August 15, 2011

Barn Challenge

Barn Challenge by linfrye
Barn Challenge, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

After finally get a better handle on perspective through Virgil Carter's class, I felt I could tackle those barns and angles for the challenge (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stilinstyle/).

I also wanted to simplify the scene a bit with a more colorful approach. Since the original photograph was taken in fall, I kept the season the same and simplified the grasses to give more of a focus on the red barn. Since the photograph and property held special meaning for Linda's sister, I didn't want to stray too far from the original ...

I'd like to try this again in a different season ...

It rained a bit over the weekend and blessed us with much needed water and a cooling down of our temperatures.

I'll tackle some long-delayed chores today and see if I can get a dent in that long list of 'one-of-these-days'!

Have a great one!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I think you've mastered it Lin. The buildings all look aligned and in perspective to me. Of course with barns you can always make them sag here and there LOL. But the painting is beautiful and I think you met the challenge.
Bravo.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Katiejane said...

This is so very beautiful. I love the colors you chose. They just seem perfect together.

Teri said...

Love love love what you did here! Beautiful.