Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ronah's Marigold

Ronah's Marigold by linfrye
Ronah's Marigold, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

My thanks go to my good friend, Ronah, who graciously allowed me to use her photograph of marigolds to paint this still life. Her photography is out of this world - please stop by to say hi (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kookie895/6031057677/in/photostream). I fell in love with the photo she took of these marigolds and just HAD to paint them! I am not growing any in my own garden, so these were a double treat!

The cooler weather has arrived - just in time for today's volunteers and harvesting for the hungry. We've a program planned for them as well about fall planting. It's time to rotate our crops and begin seeds for fall planting and begin our summer garden clean-up. Hard to believe that with temperatures still in the 90s we have to plant for fall -- ! We WILL be planting marigolds this fall - mostly calendulas .. and they'll help keep the gardens bright and cheery as well as repel some of the insects and attract pollinators.

Hope your day is as bright as marigolds!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how lovely -- the colors, the shape, the shading! I also love the way you have painted them vertically -- unusual and very effective. I'll have to go visit her site.

Still voting and it's cooler weather today. Yahoo!

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh these are just gorgeous!!

Lise Steenerson said...

Stunning!!!