Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hellebore

Hellebore by linfrye
Hellebore, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

Temperatures have plunged into the 20s and 30s here, driving many of us into studios with hot cups of coffee and tea. Though typical to have a few frigid days in this part of North Carolina, iced steps and roads bring out the salt and sand trucks and folks become more timid about traveling.

Nonetheless, the cold weather this week came with incredible blue skies, reminding all of us that spring is still scheduled to arrive in a few months and despite the weather, there is always beauty all around to admire, appreciate and paint.

Have a terrific day.

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - sorry it is cold and icy - it is the same here too. Those hellebores are stunning...looks like you may have used a bit of salt in the background which gives a lovely texture. You paint so well my friend. I have never grown these flowers in my garden...seeing this painting I may add these to my garden list (any excuse to grow more flowers - lol) - Have a great day and stay warm and safe.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Lin and I like the wording and the lines -- really different for you. You are always amazing us. I especially like the way the flowers are perfectly curled (I still can't do that) and the shading of the leaves. All in all, a wonderful reminder of spring.

We need that reminder very much here too. It's been down in the single digits at night and had winds that put the chill factor way under 0. Finally some sun for a couple of days and yesterday all the way up to 30 YAY.But ice and snow are in the forecast. YUK.

Be careful and stay warm,
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Just simply gorgeous Lin!!!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful!!! I love the shading on the petals and the leaves. This makes me long for spring instead of these cold temperatures.