Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another American Tobacco Dining Concert

Charles and I arrived early at the American Tobacco Center last night. We again were able to nab a wonderful outdoor table at Symposium AND had the joy of the same excellent waitress we had last time.

We ate a light dinner in the cooling evening as we listened to the Shady Grove Band (sponsored again by Backporch Music and WUNC public radio). GREAT music, excellent food and service, and such a beautiful night.

I did these sketchy-sketches knowing that I will have to practice a bit more on my 'people and cafe' sketches ... but I think I captured the important aspects of our time there!

6 comments:

Jana Bouc said...

These are great! You really captured the gesture of the performers and diners and the lovely open air light.

Teri said...

It sounds like such a lovely night and your sketches are just great. The sketchiness of them is so appealing.

Sue Seibert said...

Great sketches...what a wonderful, relaxing evening.

Tami said...

Lin, you are definately getting better with your public sketches! I agree, I think you captured the feeling of the preformance.

Lorraine said...

You are amazing; a real artist -- sketchbook always at hand -- even at dinner! Good sketches and good for you!
Lorraine

Penny said...

Much better with the people sketches and I love the jugs in your earlier blog pages, I must look for my little brown jug, It is somewhere. I agree sometimes we dont "see" what is in front of us to paint or sketch.