Saturday, September 30, 2006

Buon Compleannos

It's a cool morning here by my rock in the woods --- and I sit over a cup of coffee and think about birthdays--mine in particular.

My mom has already called, friends have sent cards, Charles has surprised me with gifts and cards, a dinner is planned tonight with my son's family and my husband--and I think how quickly time goes by. This photo of me 55 years ago could not capture all the joys, pains, changes, loves, adventures all those following years have embraced.

I tend to live a pretty intense life -- and fill each day with as much living as I possibly can -- work, family, art, writing, activity of all kinds (I still think sleep is highly overrated! LOL) ... and I have to admit, I've been pretty fortunate all in all ...

I love and have been truly blessed by my family, and when I think of becoming a grandmom I tear up -- to see the circle come fully around is a gift like nothing else. To have visited my ancestral home, Sicily, another incredible gift. To have a husband, children, sisters, mom and friends who share and enrich my life is exquisitely precious. To have work I enjoy and activities that keep me growing makes me know how blessed I truly am.

So today, on the day I entered this good earth, I wish to say "THANK YOU" and to celebrate not my birth, but the 'you's' that have blessed and enriched my life and have made today even more special.

MILLE MILLE GRAZIE!

BACI! BACI!

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am honored to be the first (on your blog) to wish you the happiest of birthdays and and many many glorious years to come -- enjoying your grands and watching them grow up, enjoying your life with Charles, and many many years of making your beautiful artwork, your garden, and hopefully many more trips to Italy. I should have sent you a lottery ticket for your birthday!!!

What a beautiful picture of a beautiful person. And your blog is a beautiful piece of writing.

Much love dear friend,
Lorraine

Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday Lin. you deserve to have many more years filled with family, friends, joy and great sketching!

Tami said...

Linny, I love your description of the way you live life (as it should be lived, full throttle!) I think God truly smiles on those that smile back, what better way to do that than living life fully and counting all of your wonderful gifts? Have the happiest of Days!!!!

Brenda Yarborough said...

What a cutie!! Definitely see the Italian Nonni you were to become. What a testimony your life is. . . what an example for the rest of us. I am blessed to have such a wonderful "online" friend. Happy Birthday!!!
Love and prayers always,

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Lin! I love this picture of you. What you wrote in your post sounds like a letter you are writing to this little girl. It gave me chills.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! May the coming years be full of joy and and love too!

littlemithi said...

You're such an inspiration! Have a WONDERFUL birthday!

Kathleen Gwinnett said...

Cara Lin,
Buon Compleanno! I had a grandchildren weekend also. I made an apple pie with the those same wondeful apples you shared with me. I brought the pie to my son and his family on Friday. Today Chris brought his little girls to the Burlington Carousel in the city park. We all had a great time.
Looking forward to meeting you in Hillsborough at the Vietri sale..
Regards,
Caterina

Anonymous said...

Buon compleanno, Lin! Tanti Auguri e buona festa, Cara!

Karen Sandstrom said...

May your birthday be one of the best, Lin. I know you must have enjoyed it, because you're fully of gratitude, which makes everything sweet.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you had a wonderful day Lin. I hope your happiness lasts throughout the year. Thanks for sharing such a great picture.

Sue Seibert said...

Happy Birthday to you, Lin. Hope you day was absolutely wonderful.

Jana Bouc said...

Thank you for posting your beautiful writing about your wonderful life and all the grattitude in your heart. This photo of you looks exactly like the cousin who was my best friend and fellow mischief maker when we were little. I haven't seen her in many years now, but seeing this glimpse of her in your photo made me feel closer to both of you.

Felicity Grace said...

Oh, Lin, so sorry I missed it - that'll teach me to try not to look at my blogs too often :( ! Hope you'll accept tons and tons belated birthday wishes!! You had a fantastic day and no less would do for such a wonderful person!