Saturday, September 02, 2006

Container Ceramic


Container
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Looking at this sketch this morning, I noticed I'm a bit kerwonkety on the vase's sides-- oh well, must have been the late night!!

For Kate's alumni group, this month's theme is containers -- filled or empty. This ceramic vase was purchased in Sicily last year. (Mercy, I wish I had brought more home!!) I fell in love with the colors and its utilitarian value. The colors inspired our repainting of the master bedroom and bath and so this has a home on the bathroom counter.

To offset so much bisque-yellow of the rooms, we've added bright burgundies in the form of flowers and towels.

What is it about containers that is so warm and homey? I JUST LOVE THEM!

9 comments:

Windsong said...

What a great job of that vase!!!

Teri C said...

Oh my gosh! that vase us GORGEOUS!! It doesn't even need flowers!

Tami said...

Your vase is beautiful in the drawing so it must be stunning in reality! Funny, I have a lot of the golds and cobalt blues in my home. I love the warmth of the Italian palette

Felicity said...

Stunning colours! I can see why it inspired you!

SCquiltaddict said...

Great job Lin...reminds me of the quilt I am working on now...except its blue and white...thinking WHY didnt I do it in gold and blue like that yummy pitcher you did...

Laura said...

Oh, honey, this is SO FABULOUS!! Aren't you thrilled with it? Another great breakthrough!

Deborah Lowe said...

Lin I love this pitcher! It's a beautiful painting - great job on the detail in the pitcher designs!

suzanne said...

Lin- We're neighbors!!!! Wonderul job with the vase. I love how you didn't miss out on any of the details.

Jana Bouc said...

Oh my goodness...this is so lush and beautiful! I love the colors and the shape and how the sun just seems to pour out of it. How perfect for a rainy day!