Friday, September 22, 2006

EDM 85 Store


edm 85 store
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Although this grocery store is not exactly local, I really wanted to sketch it from the moment Charles and I walked into it in Marsala, Sicily. The fresh vegetables, cheese, meat, fruits, olive oils, and array of bright cans and pastas -- we took photographs without even knowing why! It was just the kind of store we long for but cannot find anywhere near us. So I offer this as my 'local' store -- since it is close to my HEART than close in proximity!

10 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Oh, I know these sorts of stores, Aladdin's Caves full of all sorts of amazing Italian foods! Why doesn't the imported stuff ever taste as wonderful as that bought in Italy? I'm jealous of your Italian blood!! Beautiful illustration, it just captures it perfectly!

Anonymous said...

What a great store and a lovely sketch! I also love really full specialty food shops that are just a profusion of colors

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, you have made this a place of beauty! I want to go there also!! Beautiful colors.

Clare said...

Lin, This is truly SENSATIONAL!!!!!
WOW, It's even more than sensational only I can not invent super descriptive words like you can. ;)
You should visit here in Melbourne, dozens of these little Italian deli's.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Great job Lin and what a FUN store...

Terri said...

Oh wonderful. Your drawing takes me right there. Lovely. I can see why you were 'drawn' to the place. :o)

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Lin, I love this drawing. Captures the whole feel of the venue and brings back some great memories of Italian markets.

Linda said...

This is a wonderful painting of a beautiful store!

Jana Bouc said...

I love all the colors and details. I bet it was fun to draw. Did it bring back the smells and sounds as you were drawing? This is really different from your containers and water and flowers but is done really well.

Marilyn said...

Love your storefronts. I know what you mean about something being "close" to your heart. Your local storefront is great also.