Friday, September 01, 2006

Galoshes


galoshes
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Tropical Storm Ernesto came through Raleigh and point east this morning.

At home, we missed the majority of the storm and received much needed rain and blustery winds.

The day is a cool 65F or so, wet with period spinkles, a good day to be indoors.

Again I wanted to sketch a memory for the day -- but I couldn't find a suitable umbrella. I ran across a photo of these galoshes -- they so reminded me of my frog from yesterday, that I had to sketch them!

4 comments:

Teri said...

A perfect memory of the day and really well done!! Love the color.

Tami said...

Lin, these are WONDERFUL! They made me laugh when I scrolled down your blog and saw them! I agree, they do hold a resemblance to yesterdays frog! The puddle of water at the bottom is a nice touch. I am so ready for fall.

Jana Bouc said...

I love it! They have such personality and look like they're sitting there just waiting for some action! Great drawing!

Alison said...

I love these boots - my daughter used have a pair the same - great sketch