Sunday, September 10, 2006

Longaberger Basket


This basket was acquired shortly after we moved to Oxford. I was so nicely invited to a 'party' to get to know the folks in town. Little did I know it was a sales party for Longaberger baskets! I bought the least expensive one they had and I could afford! In it I keep three small seed packet pillows and several balls my husband found that were made from natural fibers and dried lichen.

I have to admit I didn't spend nearly enough time on these last two baskets -- it's been a busy weekend. My husband and I joined a gym and today was our first visit. We did a circuit around the machines and treadmill (eliptical for Charles) and I did an hour of yoga -- my first. Man, I KNOW just WHERE I'm going to be sore! We were so tired when we got home, we both napped!

I'll have to move onto different containers next week ... since I'll be returning to my office and my baskets will be home!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy. These are sweet little sketches. Painting a basket weave can be frustrating, but you've got it. It's rewarding to get the pattern down. Great job!

Jana Bouc said...

Another great basket. I look forward with great interest to see what containers we seen next week. You're making me want to focus on one thing for a month too. It seems to be bringing out lots of creativity for you.

Teri said...

Wow Lin, you really have a collection of baskets and you are becoming the expert on painting them. Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Very tricky with all those weaves - nice job, Lin!

Anonymous said...

Some party! Well, at least you got a nice basket out of it. This one is so colorful and solid-looking! Hope you're not too sore today, btw ;D.

Tami said...

Wow! Sketches AND the gym! I am impressed! Your basket collection is wonderful!! You just have all sorts and you have done such an excellent job of drawing them!

Terri said...

OMG you also have time to exercise??!! I dips me hat to you Ma'am. :o)

Kate said...

Beautiful basket and lovely painting.

Lorraine said...

Looked at all your baskets and can't decide which I like best. I am a "basket lover" too -- wonder why we love them so? Not only did you do a great job on the baskets themselves but the shadows underneath are captured beautifully too -- I have so much trouble with shadows.
Lorraine