Thursday, September 21, 2006

Morning Glory


Morning Glory
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Yesterday marked our 14th wedding anniversary. I knew I HAD to sketch morning glories in its honor -- since these were our wedding flowers --! Morning glories won't remain open once picked or after noon, so we found dozens of blue and light purple morning glories made from silk. They adorned my hair, our wedding announcements, tables, my bouquet and the like and sit in a vase in our living room.

We're going off for a few days to celebrate, so we posponed our celebration dinner until Friday, which allowed me time to see my grandson after his surgery.

All went well, and the two year-old was sleepy and a bit 'out of it' from the anesthesia. I got to hold him for over an hour as he watched TV, giggled a bit, cried with a bit of discomfort, and then slept. I am so grateful for its success! Though I think Nick will be a bit uncomfortale for a few days.

The weather has turned cool this morning, and the morning glories that adorn our roadsides and cover my butterfly bushes are a light to midnight blue and glistening with morning dew. They signal the change of season --which arrives tonight. It will be offically fall by tomorrow ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for 14 years! And for beautifully drawn flowers too.
My first marriage lastet 14 years. You will do better, I'm sure :)

Teri said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your days together and fill them with love.

Happy news about your grand.

Beautiful sketch!!

Jana Bouc said...

Congratulations and happy anninversary! I'm glad to hear your grandson did ok with the surgery. Your description of the morning glories and the dew and the beginning of fall was so poetic. Now I want to see your wedding pictures with the morning glories in your hair!

Felicity Grace said...

Poor little guy, must have had you all worried, hope he makes a speedy recovery.