Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pitcher


pitcher
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Work this week will be extremely busy and I'll be in and out of the office with meetings and conferences, so I'll have to rely on photo references for my daily sketches ....

I found this pitcher and fell in love!! I've longed for one just like it -- colors and all -- but have yet to make a purchase. I love the shape, the size, even the flowers -- and it would look perfect on the old-fashioned sink we have in our bisque-painted bathroom. I'll have to settle for my rendering for now.

But more, to me it also symbolizes warmth, cozyness, and a slower-paced living ... things I long for during these busy weeks ...

5 comments:

Teri said...

You did a wonderful job on this Lin! The handle and the lip looks so complicated and beautiful!

Terri said...

Lovely. Even the act of drawing it was probably restful, taking you to a slower-paced way of life, even if only for a few moments. :o)

Linda said...

That would be great beside a sink in your house, I'd bet! You must be an antique collector -- I love the recent drawings!

Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful bowl and pitcher. Used to have one of Mother's, but I gave it to one of the girls when we sold her household.

Jana Bouc said...

It strikes me how your paintings almost always have a verve and sense of joy to them, like they're dancing and happy. This one does too with it's wavy shapes and lively but subtle colors. What a delight!