Friday, October 17, 2008

From the White Gardens at Duke

Daily Practice

Thank all of you for your kind and truly generous and incredible encouragement and kind words ... I am humbled by your kindness and thank you profusely ....!

The painting here is from the White Gardens at Sara Duke Botanical Gardens ... I am enamored with the various natural textures as they contrast with human-made objects... It is such a blessing to be able to visit the many oustanding arboreta in this one area of North Carolina!

When I began attempting 'visual' art through collage work a few years ago, I met a group of incredibly talented women from all over the US ... We became close friends and each year, the group of us would meet in Rhode Island for a long weekend of 'arting' .... I haven't been able to make that trip in a few years, but this weekend, one of the 'girls' is taking some classes nearby, and we're meeting for lunch! I can't wait to see her after all this time!

My daughter and her family are also heading this way for a visit, and my son and his children will be here as well.

My gracious, it feels like Christmas!!

4 comments:

squawmama said...

Lin… Love this painting… It is just bursting with color and makes me want to be outside enjoying the fall colors… Thanks,

Hugs,
Donna

Joan said...

Lin - I love the riot of colors surrounding the white post with the birdhouse!!!! Have fun with your friend and your family!

Teri C said...

This is so serene and wonderful!

Jona said...

Nice autumn colors in your sketch.
Wonderful that you have the opportunity to meet an art friend. :)