Monday, December 06, 2010

Snow at Twilight


Snow at Twilight
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Already the snow has melted and disappeared --- but photos and memories linger.

This is my side property - a view from my porch as twilight settled and the snow continued its soft fall. Small pines, bare trees, ornamental grasses all peek through the forming mounds. I couldn't get enough of that quiet magic ----

This week promises to be free of any preciptation, but the frigid cold has found its way south and many of our outdoor activities will have to wait until the temps rise about 40F -- which won't happen until later this week. BRRRRR....

Stay well and warm!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh, the snow painting is so lovely Lin. I love the sparkly parts, the trees and grasses peeking through, the blues, the snow, I love it all!

Unfortunately our snow is still with us and I must clean off the car today. YUK.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

You did a beautiful job on this. Love it!

Joan said...

This captures the season perfectly!!!! Wonderful job on this, Lin...shadows, sparkle, colors. Don't you wish it could stay just like this?

We are having flurries and cold temps today. I guess my plein air painting will have to be from the car. lol Have a great day!

Cristina Dalla Valentina said...

I find it absolutely wonderful, Lin! I love so much your way to paint! Ciao, Cristina

Timaree said...

Very nice. This looks sooo snowy and wintry.