Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow on the Mountain


Snow on the Mountain
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

I knew that once I began painting snow, it would be hard for me to stop!! LOL Even if none of it was falling!

The rain has arrived and we timed planting our fruit trees well enough that the rain would help them settle in despite the winter chill. Seems funny to be outdoors planting anything when it's so cold and dreary. I spent most of the day yesterday in the kitchen making a pasta dish for the Plant A Row Christmas luncheon, making the last of the persimmon preserves and cooking a sweet potato fluff for C's jam group today. Even managed a bit of holiday preparations! LOL

But even after such a full-day, snow inspired me - and I painted this late last night -- go figure. I suppose we love what is rare -- and for us -- it's snow ...

Hope your day is warm and restive -- and the weather cooperates with your plans!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Lin, your snow scenes are getting better and better. Keep painting them and I'll keep loving them! I especially love the shadows on this -- expertly created! And oh those spruce trees -- my favorite winter tree -- the colors you've used. And the wonderful contrast with the snow. One of my two favorite Robert Frost poems comes to mind with this one:

.....The woods are lovely dark and deep.......... But I have miles to go before I sleep.

Gorgeous; drop dead gorgeous. BRAVO.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I am happy you can't stop painting snow....you do it so BEAUTIFULLY!!!