Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pumpkins and Mums

pumpkin and mums

I'm back to being totally infatuated with pen and watercolor! Somehow I just can't enjoy enough of this blending of loose wash and more structured line ... must be the Libra in me! LOL

Yesterday, a friend of mine graced us with a cooler filled with deer meat -- my husband and I eat a good amount of venison when we can get it . Neither of us are hunters -- I couldn't hit the trunk of a tree sitting in it! But this gift will go a long way ... So I drove the hour and a half BACK to Oxford so Charles and I could work on the meat and ready it for the freezer -- a busy night.


The cooler temperatures are really changing the colors of the leaves -- and I noticed that the mums at the Arboretum have a tinge of winter brown in them .... I hope the fall weather lingers a bit longer ... I really enjoy this time of year.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how nice. I love the fall too but it has turned warm and rainy here. The leaves are just beginning to change. Your pumpkin and squash (gourd) are wonderful and I love the splash of the mums behind them. I STILL don't want to draw ANYTHING!
Good going!
Lorraine

Tami said...

I was just thinking that I have not done any thing with my ink and paint in a while, and here you are talking about it! I somehow just love this combo. I adore the looseness of this!

Jana Bouc said...

I love your colors here, and the way you softly painted the greenery, rather than every leaf, just highlighting a few with the ink.

Teri said...

What a beautiful composition Lin! I love everything about it.