Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pumpkins at Dewaynes


pumpkins at dewaynes
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
Before I left work Thursday, I ran out to one of the most wonderful nurseries near my school -- DeWayne's Home and Garden Showplace. This nursery, complete with a gift shop to die for, and entire Christmas showroom, and displays to dazzle the eyes, is a huge supporter of the Arboretum as well. I was hunting for some ceramic containers for our November container gardening workshop I am doing. I thought to bring my camera in the event I came across several that I couldn't decide between.

When I arrived, this huge pumpkin display caught my eye -- oh my gosh -- FALL! So I snapped a few photos to use as reference later.

I just love the colors of fall -- those oranges, browns and reds and golds! The fruits, vegetables, grasses and foods!!!

BTW, I found a great container for my class -- !

Also -- One of my Landscape Gardening studens also works here -- she won a trip to Holland earlier this year with the display she created! I wonder if this was one of hers? In any event ... It was just magnificent!

8 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Love the composition on this Lin!! Very nice palette and a good variety of subjects!

Patti G. said...

Ohhhhh Lin, these pumpkins are amazing! I want one right off the picture!!!!!!
Hugs,
Patti

Teri said...

Isn't autumn wonderful with all those gorgeous colors as opposed to spring with all those gorgeous colors.

I love this painting!

Jana Bouc said...

Georgeous composition and painting! I love the variety on your blog--each piece is a different jewel.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Lin! It really feels like fall...

Anonymous said...

i love the colors and the composition. You could make me enjoy the fall!

Lorraine said...

What is it about fall that speaks to us so strongly? It gorgeous Lin -- your representation of it -- and it makes me "see" it in person. Great job.
Lorraine

Terri said...

We don't do the whole harvest/fall decorating thing here, so this is a real treat to see this. :o)