Sunday, July 31, 2011

Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee

Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee by linfrye
Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

My thanks to Rupa Dee who kindly allowed me to paint from her wonderful capture of these plums! Please take a moment to visit her fabulous photos (! THANk YOU Rupa Dee!

Our visit to the Farmers Market was fun and productive! Peaches, plums, tomatoes, beans, duck, buffalo meat, cheese, breads, pastries, flowers -- all were inspirational as well as a fabulous showcase of the season and the variety of farm products being grown locally! Truly amazing!

We had dinner out last night - a rare thing these days - and ate at a fabulous crab house --! Even more rare since we are several hours from the coast. We drove home through a ferocious storm -- rain, lightning that flashed like strobe lights, flooding! We had no power when we reached the house and went to bed with flashlights. The lights came on about 3 am this morning - funny how that simple turn from deep dark to light can wake you up! LOL

But we're so grateful to have had some rain! And hopefully we'll get a bit more today. I'll have to check the plants for wind damage from the storm -- but it's so good to feel WET!

Have a great day!


Lorraine said...

Beautiful botanical like painting Lin. Your shading and shaping are superb! YUM!!

I wore my beautiful cone flower shirt again yesterday and again got some lovely complimentary comments.

Wow; you make me hungry -- your farmer's market has way more to offer than ours -- but that's probably a good thing because I always overbuy.

We had storms yesterday too. About 5 minutes near my house and a good long drenching rain across town. Oh well, someone benefited and that's good. I was with friends sitting in a large screened gazebo and when the rain blew in it was like a fine cooling mist and it felt wonderful. They lost power on that end of town for several hours but it was still daylight.

Enjoy your day.

Claire M said...

Fabulous painting!! I love it and I love plums. Again tonight I find myself in the midst of making plum jam. Plum crazy!!

I also went to the Farmer's Market today. I love to get all of the fresh produce and I just wish I had time to sketch and paint some of them.

Katiejane said...

This painting is stunning! That's all I can say.

Teri C said...

Just gorgeous Lin!