Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Eno River Coolness

Eno River Coolness by linfrye
Eno River Coolness, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Finding a respite of coolness in this summer heat and humidity can be as challenging as some of the hiking trails along the Eno River. This view of the river was taken in early spring, and I used it to think about the relief of the river when it's far less hot than it has been this summer. The Eno River is symbolic to C and I since that park is where we were married almost 19 years ago.

We're off to another botanical garden with a group of Arboretum guests. It'll be a long trip - a three hour drive to Viriginia and back plus time to explore the gardens. I'll be gone until late ... hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

Meanwhile -- stay cool!

4 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Lin, this painting is absolutely beautiful. I feel cool already. Great job!!

Katiejane said...

This is a beautiful painting and it makes me feel like I could step right into it and wade in the water. Very hot here too.

Teri said...

It is so beautiful and what a wonderful place to marry and now enjoy again.

Lorraine said...

I love everything about this -- the trees, the grasses, the rocks, and oh those reflections in the water. Terrific painting.

I was reading a novel recently (can't remember which one) and the people in it were hiking along the Enos!!

Big hugs
Lorraine