Sunday, July 03, 2011

Queen Annes Lace

Queen Annes Lace  by linfrye
Queen Annes Lace , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

This was one of those 'let me give this a quick attempt' practice pieces that I liked more than some of my more studied approaches. It seems that these wonderful flowers are at the height of their blooming. On the way to the Farmers Market yesterday, we passed by fields and fields of them - and even the highest temperatures and lack of rain can't seem to wither their bright, lacy blooms!

Oh my gracious -- the market yesterday was packed! It was as though everyone was shopping for the holiday weekend, and bags and bags of produce, fruit, flowers weighed down each customer. Musicians played old-fashioned tunes as we shopped. We came home with our own 'box' of goodies. The cantaloupes were such a rich, juicy, sweet orange, that I've already got a dehydrator filled with fruit drying for the winter. The goat cheese and crackers will be our evening snack, and I took some wonderful photos of the most amazing sunflowers and zinnias ....

We never did get to some of those pesky chores - so today, without fail, they'll need to be done. Sigh.

Hope your day is relaxing!!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I love the natural, lacey look!! very nice.

Lorraine said...

Oh I love this approach Lin. You do QA's lace so well and the colors and delicacy in this one are both gorgeous.

We also saw lots of QA's lace yesterday too. So hot and humid here -- worse today than yesterday but I need to venture out for cat foods!!

Hope your errands don't keep you away from your paintbrushes too long.

Oh, and Zazzle is having a wonderul sale so I ordered two of your latest Tee's for summer -- 17.76% off plus free shipping over $50.00. I love love the new ones.

Big hugs,
Lorraine