Monday, July 11, 2011

Flowers - THANK YOU ERNESTO!

Flowers - THANK YOU ERNESTO! by linfrye
Flowers - THANK YOU ERNESTO!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13"
Arches 140#CP

In real life, these white flowers have more cobalt violet in them than 'pink'. The painting is based on a wonderful photograph from my friend Ernesto who kindly allowed me to use his photograph. Please take a moment to view his marvelous work (http://www.flickr.com/photos/vilageron/).THANK YOU Ernesto!

The weekend was as busy as I was expecting so I'll be trying to get more painting done this week. Hopefully things will be a bit slower at work than they've been at home! LOL

Temperatures continue to climb along with the humidity and I find it most comfortable to be outdoors early morning or late afternoon, but the poor plants who can't move out of the sun, are really beginning to take a beating ...

Hope your week is great! And thank you for continuing to vote!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is incredible Lin. The flowers are gorgeous and the background colors/shades and style are outstanding. So,yes, thanks to Ernesto for your inspiration. I think this should be added to your new additions to Zazzle. I am anxiously awaiting my order of two of your latest shirts.

Incredibly hot and humid here the last couple of days. Even inside we can hardly stand it. Sleeping lots and resting lots more. I am so sorry for those who have to be out working in this humidity -- one can barely breathe.

Stay cool.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

BELLA!!!!!!!!! No time to comment much...internet time is running out! Ciao!

Teri said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!