Friday, July 15, 2011

Plums - THANK YOU BARBARA!

Plums - THANK YOU BARBARA! by linfrye
Plums - THANK YOU BARBARA!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches140#CP

My thanks to my friend Barbara (http://www.flickr.com/photos/from_barbs_garden_and_beyond/with/5939433506/) who kindly allowed me to use one of her magnificent photographs to paint these bright plums! THANK YOU BARB! Please take a moment to view her incredible photos!!!

Finally home and another list of chores ahead of me. My visit to the farmer's market has my task list growing by leaps and bounds! The plums, peaches, corn and vegetables are all coming in strong ... and, like every visit to the market, the colors, scents, tastes and displays are irresistable! So, there's drying and jam-making, and eating, and freezing ....

And, my garden is screaming for water, and I'm screaming at those weeds!!! So it's time to dig in and get it done!

Hope your Friday is cool and comfy ---! Thank you again, Barb!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Argh the Edy's site was messed up again today and wouldn't let me vote and said I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Sorry.

The plums are lovely enough to eat!
Rich dark colors and I love the soft background.

Wow, sounds like your crops are just a bit ahead of ours. I haven't been to our Farmer's Market yet because usually at the beginning of the season all the produce is from out of state. I guess it's past due time for me to check it out. Maybe Tues. when it's less busy and commercial.

We have "cooled down to the high 80's for a couple of days with a bit less humidity. Whew. Now gearing up for the climb again into the high 90's. I knew last winter when I was complaining that I'd be doing the same thing this time of year LOL. Thank goodness for air conditioning and lots of iced tea.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Mona_63 said...

Piękne!!

Teri said...

Rich and gorgeous!

annie said...

Oh, that texture...As Lorraine says, we're ready to take a bite.

Annie

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

The plums look good enough to eat. Love the colors and composition. You make me want to run to our nearest market. Lin, once again, thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration.