Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunflower Challenge

Sunflower Challenge  by linfrye
Sunflower Challenge , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13"
Arches140#CP

I finally had a chance to paint my own challenge! LOL This is from a photo I took of a field of sunflowers (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linfrye/5944997230/in/photostream). I wanted to focus on the one sunflower and sky and suggest the others in the field. Fun!

I spent the day on watercolor lessons from wetcanvas - again revisiting, mostly unsuccessfully, perspective ... but it's a lesson I need to learn and so will continue until I 'get it!' LOL

No rain here, but pop up storms around the state. I'm doing my rain dance before all my flowers shrivel!

Stay cool!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

OOOOHHHHH.WOW. In your face -- love it.
The flower itself is so well done and bright and cheerful and I love the effect of it against the sky. And of course, as always I love those under color leaves in the blues and greens you do so well. This reminds me of a face turned up to the sun!
I commend you on your challenge -- it's a winner.

We had thunder all afternoon and evening and hardly a drop of rain here although I hear some parts of the city had flooded streets. I hope it arrives at your starved area soon.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I love sunflowers and this is fabulous!
We got your rain last night.