Friday, July 29, 2011

The Falls at Ginter

The Falls at Ginter by linfrye
The Falls at Ginter, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13"
Arches 140#CP

This painting was completed several weeks ago and is from the trip we took to Lewisi Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA. What an awesomely beautiful place! I'm posting it today for its feeling of cool--- it's already in the high 70s at 6 am, and we're expecting temperatures to reach 102F and a heat index of 110! I hope to be able to stay indoors and splash around in the paint and just stay away from such exhausting heat! We have a chance of rain for Sunday, and I"m doing my rain dance for sure! LOL

I'd like to redo this view in the 'colorful' style I"m trying to learn -- would certainly make an interesting exercise! LOL

Hope your day is wonderful. Be careful outdoors!!!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh Lin this is so lovely!!! And yes it does exude a feeling of coolness. I love your colors. The still water surrounded by the cool greens. I can see myself there now, sitting on the edge of the pool dipping my feet in -- I feel cooler already. I love it!!!

Stay cool and hydrated and inside as much as possible. Same here!
Big hugs,
Lorraine