Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunflower Challenge

Sunflower Challenge  by linfrye
Sunflower Challenge , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13"

I finally had a chance to paint my own challenge! LOL This is from a photo I took of a field of sunflowers ( I wanted to focus on the one sunflower and sky and suggest the others in the field. Fun!

I spent the day on watercolor lessons from wetcanvas - again revisiting, mostly unsuccessfully, perspective ... but it's a lesson I need to learn and so will continue until I 'get it!' LOL

No rain here, but pop up storms around the state. I'm doing my rain dance before all my flowers shrivel!

Stay cool!



Lorraine said...

OOOOHHHHH.WOW. In your face -- love it.
The flower itself is so well done and bright and cheerful and I love the effect of it against the sky. And of course, as always I love those under color leaves in the blues and greens you do so well. This reminds me of a face turned up to the sun!
I commend you on your challenge -- it's a winner.

We had thunder all afternoon and evening and hardly a drop of rain here although I hear some parts of the city had flooded streets. I hope it arrives at your starved area soon.

Teri C said...

I love sunflowers and this is fabulous!
We got your rain last night.