My friend, Linda from "Quotidian Curiosities" suggested we check in with the goals we made at the first of the year and see how we're doing.
Here are the goals I listed:
* Sketch/paint daily* - Yep, I've been keeping this one!! YEAH!
* Practice more faces and figures - I've done a few more figures, but only a few faces this quarter .. I'm going to have to revisit this goal and step up practice!!
* Sketch more scenes from daily life - pretty much. I've been sketching a lot of things from the Arboretum -- my daily view!
* Sketch the everyday - recognizing the extraordinariness of life - I could use focusing on this a bit more.
* Work through the many art books on my sheleves - I've been referring to these, but I have to be honest -- I haven't 'worked' through any yet!
* Practice more values and perspective* - YES, I have been practicing this!
* LOOSEN UP!! I'm WORKING on this! LOL
* Increase my economy of line and sketching speed - Another one I"m working on - but I still have such trouble LEAVING THINGS ALONE and stopping before I fiddle my paintings to death!
* Use richer colors - but keep them transparent - I've been using much more darks and more intense colors -- but I'm not sure I'm succeeding in keeping them as transparent as I'd like.
* Sketch more things of meaning - Somewhat -- I've been sketching flowers, which I love -- but I could use to do more meaningful things BESIDES flowers!! LOL
* Increase my journal entries - especially more writing - hmmmm.... not writing as much as I should be.
* Improve page compositions - working on this a bit.
and as always: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! OH YES!! Doing this a lot!
Overall, I see where I've focused and where I've slipped from my original goals. Good idea -- thanks Linda!